VA on the Bay

Sunday, August 03, 2008

A New Look for Amanuensis

Everyone needs a bit of a lift every now and then and I decided that it was time to take the plunge and give the Amanuensis website a new look.

The old version was one that I had put together myself to get a web presence back in 2004, it was Ok, but website creation and management are not my forte and it wasn't projecting the image I wanted. So I started talking to other small business owners that I know and trust and I found a wonderful 'solopreneur' to work with me on this project. She owns a business called Inastyle. Her work has made me realise that we all have areas of expertise and we should really work with them and exploit them. The difference a professional web master can make to your business website and ratings is huge. I have to say that I am thrilled with the new look, which has rippled through every aspect of my business.

I guess like all small business owners the temptation is to do everything. It also gives you a false feeling of being in control. I of all people should understand this trap as, being a VA, part of my role is offering to take away some of the tasks a business owner is doing that is not a good use of their time. We all need to have a good look at what we do on a daily or a weekly basis and ask the question 'am I focusing on my business, or am I spending valuable time doing things that I should either delegate or outsource?' Whatever your expertise you should keep focused on that and far less of your precious time should be spent doing things that are not in your area of expertise. Often this is the admin and book-keeping required to run your business, the 'nuts and bolts'. These are things that are easily outsourced freeing your time to work 'on' your business.

So try and take the time out on a regular basis to just check that you are making the best use of what your business needs most - you!

Feel free to check out my new look website on http://www.myamanuensis.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home